Easton’s top end bat for 2019 is called the Project 3 ADV. The ADV comes with a few features we’ve yet to ever see on other bats including a Power Boost knob and an improvement in the connective piece.
It is too early to recommend the bat across the board (it is still in pre-release stage). But, everything we felt and have seen about the bat to date is promising. (This is a 2019 BBCOR Bat). This bat is considered the next generation MAKO/Ghost bat but with enough upgrades as to be considered a different animal.
Also find this bat in:
Related ArticlesBest BBCOR Bats
Industry Reference Guide
Other reference pages on the Project 3 ADV can be found no these industry pages below. We refer to them, as well as our own data and experience, to write this 2019 Easton Project 3 ADV review.
|Amazon||2019 Easton Project 3 ADV|
|JustBats||2019 Easton Project 3 ADV|
|DSG||2019 Easton Project 3 ADV|
|Ebay||2019 Easton Project 3 ADV|
|CloseoutBats||2019 Easton Project 3 ADV|
|BaseballExpress||2019 Easton Project 3 ADV|
|SidelineSwap||2019 Easton Project 3 ADV|
Easton Project 3 ADV Video Review
BBCOR Project 3 ADV
Easton Project 3 ADV
We recommend the bat for those who don’t have much concern about budget, love Easton and want to be early adopters of the latest and greatest. As we get together our exit speeds and performance metrics we will have more opinions in this regard.
2019 vs 2018 Project 3 ADV
You can see more details in our bat construction section on this review.
Easton’s top end bat for 2018 is the Easton Ghost X. That bat was the new version of the famed Easton MAKO. These bats have dominated much of the two piece composite market. They’ve used a big barrel, light swing and real good feel on hits and mishits to become one of the preferred two piece composite bats in the market.
The 2019 Project 3 ADV significantly upgrades on the Ghost X. Insomuch that a new name and line is warranted. Here are a few of the bats new features:
- Power Knob: The new knob uses a softer edge that allows for greater wrist movement.
- The connective piece (formerly known and CXN) adds foam material inside the bat. This helps dampen sting and improve feel.
- A new barrel layer design Easton is referring to as Launch Comp.
- A lighter end cap now called the Speed Cap.
Although the Easton Ghost/MAKO rated out as one of our favorite BBCOR bats, the changes to the new Project 3 ADV are legit. We are not able to determine if the price difference is worth it on your budget. Our general recommendation is that last year’s models bats are great buys when they price out well (August through October). But, in terms of a side by side (assuming price is equal) we’d buy the Project 3 ADV.
2018 Ghost X
2017 Mako Beast
In the big barreled and light swinging two piece composite space there are a few real high end options. All bats, mind you, in this category are the most expensive. Others to consider are Rawlings Quatro Pro, DeMarini’s CF Zen and Slugger’s new Meta 9. Each of these bats have their own story and, in their own right, each are good. We suggest you read through the reviews, watch some vidoes and get a feel for what type of bat you’ll like more. Then, when in doubt, flip a coin.
Research: 2019 Easton Project 3 ADV
What is a Power Boost Knob?
Easton’s new Project 3 lab has produced a soft outer shell on the knob of the bat. The idea is that a softer knob gives you somthing to hold but also something to help swing through. These knobs do feel great compared to other stiffer knobs. And, we are hopeful, Easton adds these to other bats in the future.
2019 Project 3 ADV Construction
There are several features worth noting on the 2019 Project 3 ADV. Compared to the last year Easton top end two piece composite (the Ghost X) there are considerable changes. Here are a few:
- Easton won the Lizard Skin contract. If you want a pre-installed Lizard skin on the stock bat than the Project ADV 3 will be your choice.
- They changed the composite in the barrel. The idea is a longer barrel with a more consistent sweet spot. Granted, this has been the claim of every composite bat company since the dawn of time. But, nonetheless, they are claiming an improvement.
- The Handle is stiffer than previous version. This means less flex at contact and, in theory at least, more power to the ball.
- They upgraded the connective piece and added some inner foam to help with sting dampening.
- The new knob is legit. It’s a rubber outer shell that makes it feel better to swing. And it does feel smoother.
- They also upgraded the end cap.
Bat Sizing Options
Easton’s Project ADV 3 is only a BBCOR bat. It comes in sizes as short as a 30 up to a 34-inch.