Slugger releases a slowpitch Z4000 line for 2016 in the softball space to follow up from the well received Z3000 series of 2015. There are a few minor changes from last that Z3000. We highlight the differences below as as provide a list of the Z4000 lineup below. This entails our 2016 Louisville Slugger Z4000 Review.
Z3000 vs Z4000: What is the same?
- The Z4000 line still comes in an end and balance load version for both the ASA and USSSA leagues.
- The Z4000 series, like the Z3000 series, is a three piece full composite line of slow pitch softball bats. The three pieces are:
- Full composite barrel measuring 12 inches long with 2 1/4 diameter
- 7/8 tapered full composite handle with synthetic grip
- A rubber insert, which Slugger refers to as the Tru3 connective piece, is found underneath the transition to the handle and barrel.
- This insert, which makes it a three piece bat, gives the bat a more solid feel through contact and keeps vibration out of the hands. Results from the 2014 Z3000 (which had this same feature) and the Slugger’s baseball lineup made this improvement unanimously approved.
Z3000 vs Z4000: What is the difference?
There are four notable differences for the 2016 Louisville Slugger Z4000 line. They are:
- Z4000 series has an additional bomb dropping ultra end loaded bat in the USSSA line named, fittingly, the Z4000 Power Load.
- The paint jobs are different (and color coded which we always appreciate).
- The rubber insert (Tru3) has been tightened up for increased durability and more feel at contact.
- The ASA approved bats are now ALSO approved for USSSA—giving those playing in both a USSSA and ASA league a consumer conscience buy.
There are no additional differences in the Z3000 to Z4000 series of bats. (This seems like as good a place as any to point out that Slugger did release a two-piece senior slow pitch bat as well: Louisville Slugger’s new 2016 Slow Pitch HyperZ.)
2016 Louisville Slugger Z4000 Review Line Up: End Loads
Z4000 ASA End Load: Approved for USSSA, ASA, ISA, ISF, NSA play. The fatter, yet probably more popular, cousin of the Z4000 ASA Balance.
Z4000 USSSA End Load: Approved for USSSA play, ISA and NSA play. We are not privy to the sales numbers of the 2016 slow pitch bats from Slugger, but our hunch is this bad boy is the best selling bat of the bunch.
Z4000 USSSA Power Load: Approved for USSSA play. This 1.5 ounce end load USSSA slow pitch bat is made for dudes who drink more than 12 protein shakes per day.
2016 Louisville Slugger Z4000 Review Line Up: Balanced
Z4000 ASA Balanced: Approved for USSSA, ASA, ISA, ISF, NSA play. Balanced bat lovers in the ASA space will love this two piece composite.
Z4000 USSSA Balanced: Approved for USSSA play. This balanced Z4000 was wildly popular last year and if it wasn’t for its more end loaded Z4000 compadre we suspect it would be Slugger’s best seller.
2016 Louisville Slugger HyperZ Senior Softball: The unregulated or senior softball leagues will enjoy the Tru3 technology in this new line iteration in the Slugger Slow Pitch softball world.
Be the first to leave a review.